15 June 2010

My new eatery

Every once in awhile, you stumble on a gem of an eatery that's so good, you just have to pinch yourself to believe it's real.

A couple of weeks ago, my son was visiting. He's a big Yelp poster and advised me that the highest rated restaurant in Beaverton was in the local shopping center 5 minutes from my house. I had heard it was good, but never tried it. The small corner shop has been a million different things over the years. Usually some kind of modified fast food . . . never something that really compelled to me to give it a try. And since all the previous places went out of business, my guess is they weren't all that good.

So, last Saturday we were in a hurry and needed a quick bite between engagements. I said let's try that place in the shopping center. It's call the Hapa Grill and the fare is fast Hawaiian. And, man is it ever good. I love to discover new kinds of food and believe me this is special. Entrees are in the $7-$10 range with lots of sides and even homemade desserts!

We were both blown away by our meals. I wrote a rave review on Yelp and am planning to go there for chow again tonight. In a way, my biggest worry is that too many others will discover it, they'll outgrow the space and have to move.

If you've not been there, you've got to give it a try.

No comments: