22 November 2011

My man Tucker at New Seasons

A New Seasons market opened recently in our neighborhood and we are ecstatic about the whole thing. I'm incredibly amazed by the quality of the people who work there. Not only are they friendly, they are helpful and even funny. They obviously enjoy their jobs.


I swear that the wine steward, Tucker, works all day every day. He's always there no matter when I show up. And, I love that he actually knows something about the wine. In fact,he knows quite a lot. And, he can help you pick out great wine at the price YOU want to pay.


Right now, I'm drinking one of his recommendations, Behemoth, a blend from the Columbia Valley AVA, which crosses the Oregon-Washington border and runs from The Dalles to Walla Walla. The 2008 vintage is produced by Portland Wine Co. 


I don't remember what I paid for it, but it wasn't a lot and it's terrific as an everyday red. Great red fruit and wonderfully drinkable. The blend is 53% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12% Syrah. Great with everything from steak to pizza.

No comments: